Ms. Sawyer's Blog

Welcome!

Friday, September 19, 2008

Hurricane Ike

I hope everyone is finding comfort and safety after Hurricane Ike. I was luckily in the hospital for the whole thing. But I did have the opportunity to come home on Monday to no power or running water. So thanks to a friend, my husband, my dog and I packed up and went over there for the night. Everything was restored by Tuesday evening. It was nice to get home, but very overhwleming to clean up after my husband. It seriously looked like the hurricane had hit the inside of our home.

I know everyone is looking forward to getting back to school and I am glad to hear Briargrove held up. I will be back soon, due to doctor's orders I am taking an extra week off. I will be returning as of right now Monday, September 29th. I appreciate everyone's support and good wishes.